Friday, February 25, 2005

Don Hill is a pretty cool guy

I had an opportunity to be a pundit on Don Hill's CBC radio show yesterday. I was there as a young economist to comment on the new 2005 Budget with Mark Anielski, my good friend and colleague. The 2005 Budget, in my estimation, was a "chicken leg in every pot" with a dash of this and a dash of that.

What I don't get, however, is why the Libs never did a thing for Post-Secondary education. Sure, they lowered taxes for low-income earners, which would pay for 10 Pentel Hi-Techpoint ultrafine pens, but it's not enough. Paul Martin PROMISED 7 to 8 billion loonies for PSE, and he never delivered.

These damn boomers and their I'm-spending'mykid's-inheritance attitude. They benefitted from the high savings rates of their moms and dads and mow they've mortgaged the family farm. Oh well, the Libs still have a few more budgets before the next election - probably.