Sunday, March 20, 2005

Would-be University Students a good way to sell papers

Yesterday a 16 year old kid from Vancouver came to my door (I live in Edmonton) explaining that if he signed up 1,000 people to the National Post, Canwest was giving him a $1,000 education savings bond for school. All I had to do was sign up for 6 months worth of the Saturday Post, at 2 dollars a pop. The Post even throws in the weekdays for free. Thinking to myself "How could I deny a kid an education?" I signed up. Of course, after I signed up I found out he's making $1,000 to $1,500 dollars a week selling newspaper subscriptions. So he's not as hungry of a student I initially took him to be. But still, kudos to the Post for finally finding a way to get me to buy their rag. I'll cancel if the price goes up, though.